So you want to start in the web development business, or create a website for yourself, yes?
Awesome. Let me show you a really simple and fast way to do it in DreamHost.
You can scroll down and you will notice it only takes 6 simple steps to do it. So lets get to it.
First, you need HOSTING and a DOMAIN NAME, and here’s a visual explanation courtesy of http://www.mikeroshuk.com:
There are hundreds or thousands of web hosting providers out there to chose from. You need to analyze cost, customer service, reliability, and many other things. To save you time we have done that work for you and we recommend DreamHost:
DreamHost has 10 years of experience hosting WordPress sites, actually, they are officially recommended by WordPress.org and after hours of research is definitely the best option to host your WordPress website.
When you are in DreamHost website, follow the next simple steps:
- In the top menu select WordPress > WordPress Shared.
- Scroll down to the plans, select the one that you prefer.
- Create your account simply by typing your e-mail address and choose a password.
- Type the name of the domain you will use for your new website, if is a new domain you will have to buy it. You can skip this part and do it later but I prefer to do it at the same time. Click Continue.
- In Additional Options, click on “Install WordPress” so your new hosting comes ready with the WordPress website! Click Continue.
- Fill in your information, add your credit card and press “Place Order Now”. You will receive an email with the confirmation in the address you specified.
Your new WordPress website is ready! 🙂
Now that you have your WordPress website ready, the next step is to customize it, so be sure to check our tutorials on how to start customizing your WordPress website.
Also, if you want to add content ASAP, check the tutorial Adding content to my WordPress website.